1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Getting Ready to Start

Hi, I'm Janice from Jannimary.  I joined in the SKOW stitch along and finished the quilt.  It was the best inspiration for me to actually finish a large quilt. I started the last stitch along, but unfortunately, life got in the way and I didn't complete all the projects.

I'm really looking forward to this year's project.

So far, I've done January's stitchery, but haven't turned it into a finished item as yet.  That will happen very shortly.


I was a lucky lady, and received my pattern for Nature's Journey as a gift from a lovely friend.  I'm also lucky in that Anni's shop is my local quilt store, about three blocks from where I work. When I went to collect my pattern I was able to have a little peek at the real thing.  It was in the back room, where Anni had been busy cutting fabric packs for the BOM program.  Anni said it was OK for me to take a few photos to get a better idea of the colours, although they are pretty close in the pattern cover.


They are a lot more vibrant than I thought they would be.


Initially, I had planned on using some brights for the quilt, but when I started looking through my fabrics I changed my mind and decided to use similar colours to Anni's original.  The beauty of it is that I can make this quilt entirely from stash. Right down to the backing and binding.  Bonus.





Thanks Chooky and Susan for getting us started.  It will be fun.

10 comments:

Susan said...

HOw lucky to so close to the real thing...looks like a great selection of fabric you have ready!!

The Snowflower Diaries said...

thank you very much for the close-up photos!:-) it must be such a blessing to have Anni and her store nearby!

Fiona said...

I always think its rather wonderful to see the original... great to find all the fabrics in your stash...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Oh Janice it's going to be awesome,have fun my friend xx

Love Bears All Things said...

Yes, thank you for showing the photos. I cannot tell a lot from the photo of the book. I see I will need more light print backgrounds but the patch work can use a lot of different fabrics. I can use some of my stash fat quarters.
Mama Bear

Marlene said...

Hi Janice, wow how amazing to go and see the real thing! Thanks for your pics, actually gives me a better idea of the colours etc. this is going to be so much fun!

Asta Buchanan said...

Great to see the close up photos! And love all your fabrics!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummo fabric x

Chookyblue...... said...

great choice of stash fabrics.......looking forward to seeing what your stitchery becomes.......

Joy McD said...

Oh, thanks for the extra photos! It always helps to see a quilt in real life... xxx