1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, January 28, 2013

My First SAL


I am so excited to be in the SAL. Thanks Chooky.  This is my first one, so I hope I get the protocols correct. Hope I haven't blogged too many pics.... I have been looking at everyone's work ...it is beautiful.

Today it has rained and rained and rained I might float away by tomorrow. 8 inches in Goondiwindi is a lot of rain and it is still raining. What a lovely day to make my shoe bag. 

 I had a nice surprise when I  remembered my little tin of 1 1/2  inch squares that I have collected. Perfect for the trim.



All pre cut ...lucky me......LOL....

Finally  I picked my colours. It usually takes me longer to pick the colour than sew the bag

After looking at the one the lovely Grethe sent me for Christmas I decided to line my bag

Finished on time Chooky .............




It needed a little button on each shoe.
I just can't with stilettos ......wish I could. I used variegated thread 

The trim

Thread catcher

I decided, like many of you to make more than one. I recently went to a stitching day where Natalie Bird presented this coffee bag and little zipper bag so I decided to make a thread catcher to compliment the set ....and a zippered bag to compliment my first thread catcher.....

My friend Steph got these for Christmas.



If any of you are in flood or fire , take care and Chooky I hope you are getting some rain.


8 comments:

Jeanette said...

All you projects look wonderful. Hugs,xx

Wendy said...

Your projects are so pretty.

Fiona said...

great start to the stitchalong... stay safe in goondi's...
Hugz

Jan said...

These are all so colourful and gorgeous!

kraftier said...

so nice fabrics! love all your projects!!

Cherise said...

I love lots of pictures! :) All your projects are fabulous! I especially love the shoe bag as I'm very partial to pink polka dots. Great fabrics and use of color! :)

Susan said...

Love all the piccies - love the green & blue together and all your fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

you had a good month.....busy busy...........glad you got some rain....nothing here..........