1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, September 28, 2017

September Block

I finished up September's block today....As you can see, I've done the heart and stars instead of the one with the three stars...I don't think it really matters as they're the same size....

 I have the smaller star and heart blocks ready to applique so I'll take them on my upcoming trip....I've decided to copy Susan and do a nativity instead of the post block...it won't have very much embroidery so I should have that one finished before the end of October..
Happy Stitching,
Sammie
Mama Bear

6 comments:

Petal49 said...

It looks lovely with all your Christmas fabrics around it.

Fiona said...

Lovely.... and such a happy quilt with all those colours...

Hugz

Raewyn said...

I really like how your block is looking! Good on you getting done before the end of the month :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done! I just have to sew the squares and I'll be there. It's fun to see the block in these traditional colors, and your snowman fabric is so cute.

Narelle said...

Lovely block 😊

Susan said...

Lovely work Sammi...looking forward to your nativity scene.