1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Block 1

As I live in a small Cray fishing /tourist town in Western Australia we  can't even buy a needle let alone fabric sew with the help of my lovely friend Fiona in Queensland and the internet she bought some beautiful fabrics for me to match what I had from Quilters Angel ...



Backing and borders...









with my fabrics


First block finished...Not sure how I will frame my blocks yet...



Also another lovely blogging friend Jo sent me these great buttons to complete my candle mat...



Looks GREAT !!



Huge thank you to both ladies...

Hugz Maria

https://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Maria said...

Hugz Maria

Susan said...

I love those fabrics - the block looks great. I would have loved to have used Anni fabrics - but decided to try to use some of what I ahev.
lovely of JO to send you the buttons - I am so tardy - I had planned to go through my buttons for you.

Raewyn said...

What a wonderful start you have made Maria... I didn't realise that the place you lived was so remote....and I've been a blogging friend for such a long while!

Lin said...

I love your fabrics Maria - great first block. xx

Narelle said...

Love the fabrics in your stocking 😊

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria wow your block looks fantastic ,well done and love the buttons on the candle mat xx

Petal49 said...

Your little candle mat is so beautiful and I love your fabric choices. It so nice to see everyone's take on the block. Very inspirational.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks lovely Maria, so glad you were able to finish your candle mat x

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

The candlemat is so beautiful. Your stitching is so uniform and detailed.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the fabrics you have! So pretty! xx

Fiona said...

Glad the fabrics I got are okay... love your block. the internet is so wonderful especially for when you live remotely... aren't we lucky...
Hugz