1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, July 6, 2015

Yippee....I'm all ready to go!

Wow....I didn't think I could get this far on my block before I left but I did it!  I am so happy because I can bring it with me on my newest journey....to Australia!  Yippee! I am so excited!  I have 22 hours of flying time and 10 hours at airports....to stitch!  Wahoo!  Here is my July block all glued down....now to get it stitched.  Some of my pieces are backwards...oops forgot to trace them in reverse....ah well....that's okay.
I love that little lady bug!

11 comments:

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

see you soon Australia!

Susan said...

That should keep you occupied on your flight and at airports... - dont forget the legs this time!!!. . .lol

Chookyblue...... said...

that sure should fill in some time for sure.........travel safe.......what dates are you here til?
Still not sure what I could do......

Jenny said...

That looks amazing I have just started mine . I love your colours.

Khris78 said...

That's so pretty ... Happy stitching :))

SandyN said...

Wow.. GREAT job.

You will LOVE Australia... we do.

Sandyn

FloS said...

Ohhh !! so beautiful !
Florence

Maria said...

Fabulous!

creations.1 said...

It looks fabulous - plenty of stitching to keep you occupied!!

Lolastitchida said...

It looks great Holly. We had fun stitching at your house that day! Have a great time in Australia and lots of stitching along the way! I will miss you loads! xo

Alexandra said...

Its looking lovely..