1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Chooky's NJ Progress..........

Yeah yeah I know you're all hassling me too..............well some more then others.................you know who you are..........it's a good thing...............
Colours were a big decision...............do I choose one or many..........I pulled out one of each of my colour piles of fabric and matched some threads........
So I am using 7 colours I think..............
I have a pile of blocks I am stitching at the moment................should be enough for Feb and Mar and maybe a extra one or two...........
I had been stalled on the blanket stitch...............the first 2 blocks were challenging to say the least but after that I got into a rhythm and I am loving it...............
I had tried a hoop after failing to start with but that was even more difficult........
how big are your stitches????..........mine go out about 1/4in out and are about the same length on the line.............loving the look of it..........
And I have one baby block finished but the rest will be done by easter................
well that's the big plan..........
&&&&&
HUGE thanks to all the girls who have made an effort..........
we all need a push at times and that's why you joined up to the SAL......
and I know that is the only way I will get this quilt finished too........answering to you girls........
Chookyblue...........

15 comments:

chrisi said...

nice with differnt colors

Khris78 said...

Ohh I love the colours !!!! My first couple of outline stitching was wonky too :))

Love Bears All Things said...

Good job Chooky!
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Love the bright cheerful colors. Happy Stitching!

Josie said...

Easter!! You do know it's on Friday don't you? Of course you do and I've no doubt that you can make that deadline. Your NJ is looking good. Love your colour choices. As for blanket stitch... do you loose your rhythm after every session?
Time to go for it girl.... may the force be with you.....xxx

Anonymous said...

They are looking great chooky,well done xx

Fiona said...

love it with all the colours... I have battled with a rhythm with the blanket stitch ... I keep forgetting which way suits me... going clockwise or anticlockwise!
Hugz

Noela said...

I'm using red for the surrounds but matching the colours to the fabrics (blanket stitching not needleturn). Hugs...

Joy McD said...

Love all the different colors :) If I had time I'd do another one like that! xx

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

You go girl!!.. the different colours look great and your stitching is lovely!… I'm using ric rac.. cause I have no rhythm!! hehe

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Woo hoo looking good !

Carin said...

That is looking good with those different colors !
I finished just the middle piece of this quilt, I'm working on my own and I'm not a member of this blog but love making this quilt !

Jenny said...

Lots of colour... can't wait to see it finished.

Krisell said...

Hi,

my stitches are about 0.16 inch (4mm).

Susan said...

Who has been hassling you??? I'll get the whip onto them!!!
The main thing ids to be happy with what you do and different colours is definitely working for you...I too plan a stitchy and bloggy long weekend...