1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stitching & Fabrics

Hi there, I'm Asta from Yarns from my Sewing Basket which I started up nearly a year ago now... I so enjoyed reading everyone's blogs I thought it would be lovely to become a part of this blogging"family". Have also followed with interest all the other SALs over the years and often wondered how you managed to get everything made on time!! Well, as you can see I've joined up so am about to find out......

Well, the pattern arrived and off to find some fabrics.... I'm not usually a "blue" person so bought a few blues the other day......

...then today started burrowing through my stash and found a couple more blues to add.....am just contemplating these at the moment......
 ... apart from the few new ones bought I'm hoping that the rest will be found in my stash! Am VERY slowly also working on Gossip in the Garden and all the fabrics for that are from my stash.... so trying to keep each one slightly different from the other. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I had both finished by the end of the year.... we can but dream!!

Meanwhile.... stitching has started on my "Christmas Wishes" project.....
...and will be finished before too long!

Looking forward to everyone's progress..... 
Happy Stitching
Asta

10 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Hi Asta...welcome to the blog - I hope you can work on G in the G as well - it WOULD be wonderful to finish two quilts in a year!!

Quilting Stories said...

Nice tender tunes for these fabrics, and a cute embroidery!

Fee said...

I love the look of those blues even though I'm not usually a blue person either - They are a soft gentle shade though

Susie said...

Adore those fabrics!!

Sylvia said...

Hi Asta. So pleased you are doing the Stitch-a-long too. Will be checking your blog!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice fabrics so far...I sure you can make both quilts look different........glad you stepped into blogland....it is so much more fun being part of instead of watching........looking forward to seeing your project finished........

Chookyblue...... said...

oh Asta I forgot......it's called a whip......if your not up to speed the whip comes out.........lol.....that will get you stitching.......

Marlene said...

Hi Asta, I really love your blue fabrics....must go shopping!

Janice said...

Hi Asta. I think your blues will make a lovely background. Good luck with both projects. You are more ambitious than me. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished stitchery project.