1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It’s arrived !!!

I was thrilled to pick up my “Nature’s Journey” Book.. I couldn’t wait to get home to open my package and look through the book…

Hmmm!!! Lots for me to learn and I will give the needle turn a go BUT if I find it too hard will do buttonhole stitch on the machine…


Nature's Journey


these are the fabrics I collected from my stash


004 (2)


BUT after seeing sew many gorgeous fabrics choices and the pattern book I just couldn’t help myself and have ordered these…. Even though I said I would use my stash…


IMG_1481


I think   “  MOXI  ”   Fabrics will look fabulous … Now I just have to wait for them to arrive.. Hope it’s soon

Maria
http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Maria said...

:)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummo x

Susan said...

I'm sure you'll use your stash one day . . one day

Love Bears All Things said...

I like getting samplers like this one.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

your fabrics you choose would have been nice..........but the bundle is nice too........glad you have your pattern.........

Fiona said...

beautiful fabrics...
Hugz

Susie said...

I love all those fabrics. Its always a hard decision isn't it Maria.

Anthea said...

Maria it seems lots of people are going for cheerful funky fabrics that are very different to what Anni uses on the design - love your choice!
As for using the Stash - well if you use it, then it won't be a Stash anymore so then you just need to buy more to create a Stash again!! well, that's my logic anyway

Anthea said...

Maria it seems lots of people are going for cheerful funky fabrics that are very different to what Anni uses on the design - love your choice!
As for using the Stash - well if you use it, then it won't be a Stash anymore so then you just need to buy more to create a Stash again!! well, that's my logic anyway

Anonymous said...

Wow what fun you are going to have my friend,I look forward to watching your quilt grow xx

Pinnylea Creations said...

Oh that fabric looks scrumptious xx