1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, January 30, 2015

I will Get There

Hi everyone,
Big day today, school swimming carnival but now I am madly stitching to make the deadline. A wine to two and my feet up. Hope I make it in time???  I really wanted to use linen but it's very hard to see the pattern on the light box. Other than dressmakers tracing paper has anyone any ideas.


5 comments:

Kel said...

I use a black fixion pen to trace my embroideries, I also trace the pattern using a Black marker, onto cheap grease proof paper so it shows up better on the light box under my fabrics.Hope this helps for next time ;))

Nays Place said...

Hi - sometimes it depends on your lightbox how easy it is to see patterns - I find the new LED light boxes have a brighter white light - they tend to also have a dimmer control. I agree with the above comment I also use the frixion pens - just make sure if you are going to use pellon or parlan behind the stitchery that you add this first as the frixion pen comes off with ironing (and yes I've done that more than once - duh) Love the linen look and it would be wonderful to see it finished - now the end of Jan is so close and you are madly trying to get it finished -- good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed

Susan said...

I know the problem - and its also a challenging if you want to use a very patterned fabric as your background (yep - ask me how I know that one)..You can try going over it in a felt pen like a Sharpie to ma\ke it darker but sometimes you might loose some accuracy...Clover make a transfer pen which might be worth a try - or tracing with dressmakers tracing paper or graphite paper

Swimming carnival so early in the year...wow.

Chookyblue...... said...

all the carnivals will be on this next week around here.......best to get them over and done with I say........must have been enjoying a wine at the same time last night.......goodluck getting this one finished.....

Pinnylea Creations said...

Wine helps me to sew faster too :)