1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I have been playing with fabrics for the  Natures Journey SAL.

Now I  think I have  finally  decided on  these thirties  style fabrics and the  background  will be either this cream or white.




Originally I  thought I would  be using Tilda, but have changed  my mind! I have some other scraps of thirties  prints that I  will more than likely  incorporate  as well.

I would welcome  any feedback,  please.

Do you think it would be ok to have the background  all the same colour,  eg the cream or white.

Hugs

Sharon

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Sharon yes i do and white would be my choice,good luck with choosing and have lots of fun your fabrics are lovely xx

Chookyblue...... said...

I used a 1930s base for my SKofW and I used a white.............I think one background fabric would look fine..........I had considered it if I could not find enough backgrounds.........

Marlene said...

Hi Sharon, yes, agreed the one colour would look good. Especially with all the colours of those beautiful fabrics you have with it.
I have different backgrounds, but have gone for neutrals. Once I get to the patchwork squares of the borders, will have to see just how much of the neutral goes in to it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I think your choices are great the background will make those fabrics "pop" xx

Susan said...

The fabrics look reat and yes I'd go white too.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely choice, my choice would be white also.

Wendy said...

I think solid white would be great with your 30's fabrics. I say go for it, after all it is about your preference in the end. If you love it then you know you will treasure it.

Love Bears All Things said...

That is what makes this group so great, seeing all the different interpretations. I think one background would be lovely and have considered doing the same as seen in my earlier post.
Mama Bear
Sammie

Alexandra said...

The 1930's fabrics will look lovely.. I would go with the white background as there is more white in the 1930's fabrics than cream really.

Susie said...

I think they look great. Nice and bright.