1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Larissa's SKoW Update

I am loving seeing everyone's thread catchers and shoe bags ... really wishing I'd gotten onto my SKoW earlier last year so I could join in 'officially'!
(Shhh!!! Don't tell Chooky *wink*, but I've already made my thread catcher for January!!!)
My fabric one (R) will replace the green plastic container (L) I've been using for the last year!
As it is though, I am still plodding along with my SKoW quilt and have gotten another four blocks finished in between going on holidays with my family and working on assignments for uni.


My sun and presents block just needed stitching on them last time I posted ... this leaves me with one block left to finish on the end row ... my chair wine.


My house block came together really quickly!!  I'm not 100% happy with the fabric on the house - kinda too plain - and I'm tempted to put some vines going up it to brighten it up ... but that will be figured out at a later date, if at all :)


And my flowers are looking super pretty.  these were actually not as bad as I thought they'd be - which is good, as I have the tree block to work on next *wink*.  I just used the alfoil method to make sure the circles were pretty close to precise, and that made things go heaps quicker!!  I also changed up the wording (though, admittedly it's not placed wonderfully!) as I'm not a huge fan of getting down and dirty in the garden.  I much prefer wandering through (or sitting in ... on a chair or bench, lol!) a garden bursting in glorious blooming flower beds ... than actually getting down on my hands and knees in the dirt to create said beds!!

I've got the next two blocks in this (middle) row prepped (sorry, no photos yet) and ready to start the needle turn on them, but first I need to finish off a table runner for my daughter's teacher/carer at childcare - her last day is this coming Thursday ... Preschool begins the following week!!! - and get some hours logged in on my next assignment.

8 comments:

Larissa said...

:)

Anonymous said...

lovely work Larissa.xx

Susan said...

Love your thread catcher - and - no we wont tell Chookyblue - Love your flowers too - I'm like you - love to look at them - but the gardening bit is not for me - too dirty (and hot).
Maybe you could add a few lines to the house to make it look a bit like bricks?? if you want to change it, though I think you don't really need to - remember you will see the quilt as a whole not the individual blocks as much.

Fiona said...

the plastic container makes a good thread catcher but your pretty one is just adorable...
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Your new sneaky thread catcher is gorgeous. Lovely blocks too.

Jan said...

What gorgeous fabric you've used in your thread catcher - and those blocks look great too.

Jude said...

lovely thread catcher and keep going with the quilt, it looks stunning

Chookyblue...... said...

hhhmm..........naughty sneaky girl.......you had better get that SAL finished so you can join us.......come on do we have anything to update the sidebar yet???