1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, January 12, 2013

January SAL done


I really wanted to make the fabric baskets but still don't have my Red home book so I made the shoe bag with a little modification to hold my dogs treats, bowl and water for our obedience classes.  I used canvas for the bag and Lynette Anderson's Lab for the front.
Reed is proudly holding his new bag :0)




Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,that is so cute Pat.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

great adaptation Pat......very cute.

Marilyn said...

That was a good idea, to make it for something you need.

Simone Harding said...

A great idea making it more useful for you and your gorgeous dog.

Susan said...

Gorgeous dog! Oh and tha bag is lovely too!! :-)

Fiona said...

How clever... of you and the well trained dog... its GORGEOUS...
Hugz

Lolastitchida said...

He is so adorable. I love your idea and your bag.

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, beautiful project.
I love Lynette Anderson <3
Happy week end.
Emanuela

Solstitches said...

What a clever idea and what a cute picture :)
Margaret

FloS said...

Lovely ! What a good idea !!
Florence

Sonia said...

love your adaptation, very clever

Jan said...

Lucky dog! What a great idea.

Jude said...

What a great idea, will have to make one like it to carry my dogs stuff in. Thanks for the idea

lndquilt said...

Beautiful dog, we have three Irish Setters. It was a great idea to make a bag too keep all the dogstuff in. I think I will make one too. Thanks for sharing.