1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January all done.


For January I have managed to make two thread catchers and the shoe bag. Because the shoe bag isn't lined I decided to use some lovely double sided fabric I was saving for something special - so it has spots on the outside and checks on the inside. I also did French Seams so that I had no raw edges inside. To be honest I didn't need a shoe bag so decided not to do the applique. What I did instead is use a band of Anni's lovely fabric across the bag. You can see that I did manage to get one picture of the shoe design on that band.

My thread catchers were fun to make - I'd like to experiment with some different sizes. The red spotty one is actually for my bathroom - I need something like that to keep little things tweezers,nail clippers and lip balm close at hand.
So January is finished and I have everything all ready for February.

Lynda

10 comments:

pepepatchwork said...

Love blu, red and Annie Down's fabrics! So cute!

Susan said...

Well done Lynda - clever adaptation!

Anonymous said...

beautiful projects Lynda,well done,really love that shoe bag.xx

Fiona said...

Those are great.... love the 'threadcatcher' for the bathroom plan...
Hugz

Maria said...

Love your Shoe Bag and thread catchers Lynda.. Great idea for the bathroom.

Wendy said...

very pretty.

Jan said...

Love the fabric you've used; aren't these projects so adaptable.

Solstitches said...

Love that pretty bag and the baskets are gorgeous too.
Margaret

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

The bag is so pretty...love it! and the catchers!
The thread catchers make great containers ..I thought they would be good in drawers to hold little things.
Lea

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG she's made the deadline......well done Lynda.........lol........love the bag and thread catchers......lovely fabrics....