1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, December 27, 2012

end of 2012.......

As Christmas is over and the end of the year draws near I do hope this pushes you along to meet your final goals.

I will be clearing the slate so to speak at the end of the month so if you would like to share your progress before I do that then jump in quick and share a post.
What I will do after that is when you are ready to do a post i will keep some spots free for the stragglers and give you membership to the blog and you can do your post then off again. 

But I have finally made the decision on 2013. Yes I will be going ahead with 2013. I hear a big sigh of relief from you all....... I'm pretty sure my assistant "whip cracker" will come on board again and back me up when things get a little busy. Not that I have heard from her yet BUT I have just sent out an email to the 24 SAL girls on the sidebar who finished the 2012 SAL. 
2 have just responded with a yes so I think they like the plan.

I won't share it here yet but I will on Jan 1. So if you want to join in get stitching on your old SAL's. 

Come on Nicky do we have a bound GJ yet?????

2013 will be much more achievable then 2012.

Keep Stitching......
Chookyblue............




10 comments:

Nicky said...

Not quite finished, but definitely getting close, forgot how slow stitching down the binding is!! I promise I will share here before the 31st...... would hate to not be allowed to stitch along next year....

Maria said...

Are you taking on any newbies Chooky?????

Fiona said...

yippeeeee.
Hugz

Susan said...

The assistant whip cracker is a bit restricted to the computer at the moment as DD#1 is staying for a bit - it was her room but now its my sewing room - and its hard to get in here!!! (she hasn't changed.)
Happy New Year everyone - it promises to be busy with the SAL but not impossibly so!

Kate said...

I am buying wadding today so what this space I am NOT missing out on the 2013 SAL, I repeat NOT missing out :)

Deborah, Daisychain Quilter said...

I am way behind with the project but spending time between Christmas and New Year celebrations to catch up and get on the path to a finished quilt!!

Cath said...

Any room for one more participant?
cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Rita said...

And for one more participant?:)

mamivonat@yahoo.se

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Way behind, but I will get there...and all ready for 2013 ....thanks so much for everything Chooky...what would we do without you...xxxx

Lee said...

Just had to check out your blog to see what the girls are doing for 2013. I will keep watching. I just bought some French General 1/2 yards...sounds like fabric for the next big venture. Keep in touch. Happy New Year!