1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Last Post!


My Some Kind of Wonderful Stitch-a-Long journey is over....
My Favourite Things Quilt is complete....
The quilting was done by Belinda Betts from 
Eucalypt Ridge Quilting
 and as usual Belinda has done a fantastic job.....
I did my usual run around the clothes line 
today to get some pictures for this post....
It was quite breezy and took me a few goes....
Quilting really is good exercise...Ha ha!
I just can't show you enough pictures of this quilt....
It really is lovely and was great fun to make....
Here is a close up of some of the quilting....
Just perfect for this quilt....
This shot of the back shows up some of the detail.....
All flowers and vines.....
And last job was to sew on a label....
I used one from Anni Down's Favourite Things range...
So as usual I am excited about a lovely finish
 but also a little sad that it is all over....
A big thanks to Chooky for all her whip cracking
 and many hours that she spends behind the scenes
 encouraging us to get a move on....
I thought I might have had to crack the whip on her but
 she has come through with a gorgeous finish as well....
Congratulations to all the ladies that have finished on time
 and to all the others, keep stitching girls
 because you will be so pleased with your finished quilts....
I do so hope that we may be able to start another Stitch-a-Long...
Please Chooky!!!!!!

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

8 comments:

Show and Tell said...

:)

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

What an amazing finished quilt! I love the quilting details - and the colour is just perfect.

Noela said...

It is lovely and the quilting is perfect for the quilt. Hugs.....

Susan said...

The quilting is lovely - well done on a great finsih.

Dani Santos said...

Lindo demais!!! Gostei muito! Beijos e bom dia pra vc
Cantinho da Galega

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Kate........thanks for all the pics..........I love them all....great quilting.......I do think we will be going onto another SAL but no hints yet sorry.......

Love Bears All Things said...

Your quilt is lovely....that chocolate binding is perfect...congratulations on finishing...love the label.
Mama Bear

suzeblack said...

Love it...that is all. xo Suze.