1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ouch! That whip hurts!

Hi everyone.

It's been a loooooong time since I posted here.  Purely out of shame, due to my lack of effort on the SAL front.  But I have made some progress and have a photo to prove it.  I took this immediately after Chooky's previous email reminding us to pull our fingers out.


None of these blocks are completed as you can see - some pieces are sewn on but none of the stitching has been done yet.  Since this photo was taken, I have done the best friends, book and shoes blocks.  I also have all my freezer paper shapes cut out ready for the remaining blocks, I just need to decide which fabrics to use for which piece.  I haven't cut out any strips or squares yet, I'm nervous about it for some reason - I guess I'm worried I'm going to make the quilt look really crap if I do it all wrong.

Anyway, thanks Chookyblue for cracking that whip - you're quite the motivator!!  I am so looking forward to being able to show you all my finished quilt, and will hopefully not be too far behind on the deadline.  Best of luck to everyone else still working away at it, and congratulations to those who have already completed their masterpieces.

Finally, I just have to show you all a photo of the reason (or my excuse, anyway!) why I am not keeping up to date.  Meet the cause of my sleepless nights (yes, STILL!),and of my inability to focus on anything else for more than two minutes.


On that note, see ya!

Helen B


2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

so happy you jumped in and got a post up.......we need more like this.......

Susan said...

Great work on your blocks - she certainly is a cutie!