1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, September 28, 2012

One Step at A Time .....

Thanks for the reminders Chooky - it really does help to keep me focussed

I have been working on finishing my quilt top.....

I made a backing using up left over fabric (and some matching metreage I had)


the quilt has been sandwiched and pinned....


... and quilting has started....


I'm expecting aching shoulders this weekend....

I wonder if you will too??

Hugz from Fiona Bubz

11 comments:

Fiona said...

..

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

After doing mine last weekend I know exactly how your shoulders will feel :) Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it and I just know you will do an absolutly amazing job. hugs

Anonymous said...

go Fiona go ,its looking fantastic,you are nearly there.xx

De said...

its going to be wonderful! Cant wait to see the finish........

Chookyblue...... said...

i'd give you a shoulder massage if I could........go for it Fiona.......

suzeblack said...

Wow...your quilt is amazing...good job!! I need to hurry up...

Susie said...

oh wow! Love the backing but especially appreciate the quilting pics. I have not even thought about doing mine and would never have thought to use FMQ around the applique outlines!!! All food for thought for when I (eventually) get to that stage. Keep up the lovely work and look forward to seeing (detailed) pics at the end!! lol. Happy Stitching, Susie

Theresa said...

Your quilt is lovely and your backing is fantastic.

Susan said...

Love the back and I can see it will be just about finsihed by the end of the weekend...

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Hey..what a great idea for your backing...humm...I may follow suit! You had better book in for a massage on Monday! Good Luck!

Larissa said...

Woohoo!! Good on you Fiona!!! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out hun!! Hugs!