1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

~A Gardener's Journal~ Block I~

Wow how excited am I
Block I is now complete and all I have to do now is join it to Block H and then onto the rest of the quilt top!!!!!!!


3 lovely gals standing alone


framed by florals and paisleys


Birds in the Tree......I loved doing this one


and now surrounded by more florals and paisleys


Joined together


I had cut out a blue paisley for the inner border but not sure whether to use it?


Close up


Originally I thought I would use a red border


but not sure now
I'll put it all together and then I'll be back to show you and see what you think

Thank you so much Chooky and the Stitch-a-long gang for continued encouragement......I am loving doing this quilt

I did get a bit more of chance this week to work on this as I put a chisel through the top part of my hand whilst doing some work at my local theatre which necessitated 'glueing' instead of stitching
Luckily there was a Doctor in the House

Then a tenanus shot and then I had to lay low for a while whilst Hubby took over caring duties
Luckily the injured hand was the 'holding hand' so it worked out well and I got some respite to boot

Keep stitching everybody and as some of you will be finishing your SKOW I will be starting mine

Chink Chink Chooky
~Dzintra~

8 comments:

Grit said...

Der Quilt ist mit der Stickerei wunderschön.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Anonymous said...

so lovely Dzintra,well done.xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Chooky...I see that this blog does not allow anonymous comments...Can you please tell me how to get rid of that setting...I tried to look for it but can't find it! Thanks so much, Dzintra

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Dzintra........hope you get all the top together and can decide on your border fabric..........love the fabrics.........maybe a little bit more patterned red not so fully red???

Grethe said...

Beatiful looking,I`m sure you are happy; soon top finished :-) You will have such a perfect quilt; I do love mine!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you Grit, Shez and Grethe...I am very happy with this quilt!

Chooky I'm thinking I might use the red as the inner border and something else as the outer border.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Dzintra...how about the red on the inner border as you suggested and the paisley as the outer boarder?? Just a thought.
I love your stitchery. I have yet to start this quilt as I only started with Chooky's SAL with the TTS. But I have it and as soon as I finish my SKoW I am going to start the GJ. Keep working/playing away and soon you will be done. Love your fabrics too!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you nimble thimble stitchery-do....I think I will use the red for the inner border. I don't have enough of the blue paisley for the outer border. I do have some cream/brown floral which I might use for the outer border.