1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Surprise...............

Many months ago when we started the Tis the Season SAL Sharon @ Daisy Cottage Quilting helped me out as a spot in the USA for the US girls to get there books............later on Sharon contacted me to say she would send some goodies for the SAL and this is the parcel she sent me..................unfortunately I can't keep any (they all look great) they are all goodies for you SAL girls......
......so as a reward I have decided to pick some of the girls who have finished blocks or projects for the month as shown on the sidebar.............(thats a bit over 1/2 the girls on the sidebar)
I have split them into 5 parcels...............and the winners are
Treann, Isabella, and Joy
(2 girls didn't contact me so extras given out in May.)
leave a comment on this post girls and in the order of leaving a comment choose what prize.............
Gifts from my heart - Rene Plains (Isabella)
Garden Song - Nancy Halvorsen (Joy)
Buttermilk Basin Potten Flower Woolen Quilt pattern set (giveaway May)
Hoopla Charm Pack (Treann)
Embroidery hoop (giveaway May)
One of the parcels will also include a gift voucher for shopping at Daisy Cottage Quilting
Thanks for your help and prizes Sharon......
......it's great to see a USA shop stocking our Aussie girls patterns......

Now off you go and stitch up a storm................we haven't seen blocks from lots of girls and you ARE going to have this quilt finished by August/September so I am CRACKING THE WHIP..............lol..............get stitching......Chookyblue..........

10 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations to the winners of the prizes....I cut my strips out today and should have 5 blocks done in the next few days...
Mama Bear

Joy McD said...

Oh my, oh my!!! I think I am one of the winners! How exciting!!!! I love the look of Garden Song... thank you Sharon and Chookie Blue for being so generous.. but most of all, thank you for running the stitch-a-long because I KNOW I wouldn't get these blocks done otherwise!!
lv,
Joy

suzitee said...

Congratulations girls...and keep that whip cracking Chooky!

Diann said...

Congratulations to the winners! And thanks to Sharon for donating goodies as well as carrying the books so some of us could participate. And, lest we forget, thanks to Chookyblue for organizing this whole thing.

Isabella said...

Wow how nice is that I'd like the gifts from the heart please thanks soo much for giving these gifts Sharon

Anonymous said...

Good Grief I won a prize!!!!..... A big thank you to Sharon for donating the lovely prizes and Chookyblue for organising this wonderful swap. Can I please pick the 'Hoopla Charm Pack'? all the prizes look fabulous!! Thank You...

Miss Hillbilly said...

Congrats to the winners, although, MISS CHOOKY, I have shown you finished blocks. That's ok. I'll just show you even more at the end of April and you'll have to add all of them by my name. So there. LOL

Pat said...

Congrats to the winners and thank you Sharon for the prizes!

Vicky said...

What a lovely idea (crafters are such a generous bunch). Congrats to all the winners :-)

Quilt Kitty said...

Wow, how nice of Sharon, such gorgeous prizes. Congrats to the winners! Tracee xx