1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, February 28, 2011

HELP!!!

OK, I am in a little bit of a dilemma.... I have ordered the book 'Tis the Season' and it still has not arrived...so on Tuesday, I am heading into my LQS for a class on applique - which I have never done and am very nervous about - and I was going to pick up my fabric then as I was going to go in yesterday (Saturday) but I really had to get my Raggedy & Friends BOM caught up and I did...I was also hopping that the book would have come before the weekend so that I could make a trip into my LQS but it did not.  I am not sure that My book will be here but Tuesday so I need your help, how much fabric do I need to get for this project.  I see Chookyblue has two bundles of fat quarters that she is picking from, how many different fabrics are in there...  How much muslin is needed as well.  I am really sorry to ask for help on this but once my book comes I really want to get started as I am already behind the 8 ball on this.... Can you tell that I will not be the OVER ACHIEVER on this SAL.

I really feel like such a ham for asking this...Usually I am the over achiever, when I sign up to do something, I am usually done and waiting for others to get their part done...

I hope that some one will be able to help me out.

Shauna

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Shauna, You are very industrious...the book calls for 4 lights and 4 darks...I was told by the girls who can convert metric that fat quarters would do fine for the patchwork around the stitcheries so that is what I bought...a total of 8. If you want to go ahead and purchase the borders at the same time, perhaps someone else can help you there...I will wait until my top is together to get mine.
The stitcheries are about 4.5 inches square and there are 12 so you can see how much you need for them.
I hope this helps.
Mama Bear

Pip said...

I don't have my fabrics yet with the exception of a cream fabric for the stitchery blocks, I just cut them to 6 inches square to allow me to trim them back to size after the stitchery is completed.

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Thank you so much for your help....So I will get at least 8 fat quarters for this and some muslin for 6" square and able to do 12 of them.

I am so glad that you have helped me. Now I feel confident to get my material on the 2nd.

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like your sorted.......email me if you have any questions Shauna