1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Promised Progress Report!

Hey all! My, haven't we all been busy little stitchers now that we've got the Christmas stitching out of the way! :0) It's been lots of fun to see the inundation of progress reports and lots of quilt tops coming together. I'd love to show you  my finished quilt top ... but it's not finished! Tee! Hee! Hee! However, Miss Chookyblue has been pushing to see what progress I've made and nudging me along, so I thought I'd share an update. At the moment, my tally stands at ...

... FIVE finished blocks and ...


... all of the remaining stitcheries are finished, except for one ... the Annual Garden Show on the bottom right there that is underway. See Chookyblue? I TOLD you I'd show you I'd really been stitching and not just slacking! :0) Lots of stitching has been going on during the holidays, I think I only had the dovecote and basket of flowers finished before Christmas, so I HAVE been busy ... really! :0) My decision to add a few little patches of satin stitch to most blocks is one I'm happy with, as I love the patches of colour that now jump out (especially those apples in the orchard block!!) but boy of boy, do they take some time to stitch! (especially those apples in the orchard block! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I'm not sure if I'll have my quilt finished by the March deadline, but I sure am a LOOOOOOOOONG way in front of where I would have been without joining the Stitch-A-Long! So, thanks to Chookyblue, Peg et al for the 'gentle' shove. :0)


But for now ... I'm off to catch a few ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

Looks so cute... keep going...
I'll let you in a secret; I also have a UFO of another Ami Downs HOWEVER its marked to be 2011 goal to be finished..

Chookyblue...... said...

woo hoo...........so happy to see progress..........I am sure you will get in and get this finished now......I have the 3 ladies to stitch and the lady in the chair.......and I think I missed the seed packets so will have to trace them off......keep stitching.....I know you'll get it finished.........the blog is so motivating at the moment........

Cubby House Crafts said...

Thankyou for showing your progress, as these posts really keep me going(I am way behind)! I love how you have added satin stitch to each stitchery, makes them stand out even more!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

well done you are doing a great job and i love the colours,i must confess i havent finished the angel quilt by Ani Downs that i started about 3 yrs ago,must dig it out again.i am getting inspired.
cheers Sheryl
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Bec said...

Hehehe, The Annual Garden show was my last stitchery too, one that I procrastinated over for no reason!
You have five blocks completed and almost all the stitcheries! It won't take you long to piece the blocks for the stitheries, this is the exciting bit - getting close to finishing!

Grethe said...

Smashing colours! Lovely stitchin!
Looking forward to seeing it all sewn together:-)