1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bec's Update

It's Sunday today and I am stitching on GJ. I finished "I" block yesterday and I have the inner border on the quilt top, this afternoon should see the outer border added too.
A few of us stitch-a-long girls will be taking our quilts/quilt tops to GDITC this March at Nundle. Anita wrote in our email loop that she doesn't think she will get hers done and is feeling bad about letting the team down. I wrote a reply and Fiona thought I should post it here, as it applys to everyone who is in need of encouragment.
Hey Anita,

Though your quilt won't be finished for GDITC 2011, I am SURE you are alot further along with it than you were this time last year! I don't think you have let the team down, my understanding of the stitch-a-long is for companionship and encouragement whilst working on the same stitching project.

I know I had mine sitting in a box for over a year with me procrastinating about starting it, (oh gosh a lot of work so I will leave that quilt for now! LOL). After GDITC 2010 I had a passing thought about starting/completing the quilt but again decided too much work and too much else on. THEN I got the email from Chooky/Peg/Dale about what they were going to do. Working on one bit a month seemed like not so much of a mountain to stitch. My top is almost done (all things going well the borders will go on today) BUT to be totally honest; if I hadn't fractured my foot earlier in the and spent 8 wks sitting stitching my quilt would not be so far along as it is.
So Anita, DON'T FEEL BAD - feel fantastic for what you HAVE achieved! It is a beautiful quilt and there IS alot of work in it, you will complete it one day and in the meantime we will love to see what you have done at GDITC 2011.

Oh, and Kylie's GJ won't be finished either. She has had a big year with moving house and is happily looking forward to working on GJ this year, your defiantely not alone!

love Bec xxx
I hope I haven't been out of place posting this here.
PS It's also nice to hear of fires being lit, in other words stitchers focusing on GJ and achieving lots! Go Girls! The quilts are coming along fantastically!
Bec xxx

3 comments:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Bec! WELL SAID!!!!! And not at all out of place to post here! Deadlines are great cos they are often the 'kick in the pants' we need to get ourselves moving, but the spirit of the stitch-along has always been to encourage people to 'do a bit'. And as you said ... this time last year, my book was hidden away in a cupboard, forgotten. I'm now two and a bit stitching blocks and four piecing blocks away from borders - pretty good, I reckon! Keep stitching everyone, I say!! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anita said...

Thanks Bec...you're a sweetheart!
Those of you who know me will know by now that i don't take things too seriously - life is too short! I am happy with what I have achieved but have to say that seeing all the lovely quilts being finished has been motivating me!

Chookyblue...... said...

we'll just see the quilts in whatever stage they are up to at Nundle.........it's all progress........wonderful progress.......Anita can bring some hand stitching while she is at GDITC.........lol.......