1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Better late than never..........

Here is my first block finally completed, and I'm pretty pleased with it.  I spent yesterday afternoon cutting all of the fabric out, and a lovely Mothers Day morning this morning putting Block G together.
You might have noticed I left out the drops/grass in the foreground of the Watering the Garden stitchery.  The stitch guide listed no grass instructions so I thought they must have been splashes of water, but the photo in the book had them green like grass.  In the end I decided to leave them out, and it looks a little less busy now.  Now I will try hard to keep up with "The Plan" - if it wasn't for this Stitch A Long, my book and fabric would still be languishing in a cupboard, probably never to be seen again!  So thanks ChookyBlue and all of the other stitchers for inspiring us all to get this lovely quilt underway.  I know I am really enjoying working on mine and seeing everyones creations.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums out there.............Nicky

9 comments:

Helen said...

Very nice Nicky, it is great to see all the blocks taking shape with so many different fabrics.

Helen

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

The block looks great. I didn't even think that those marks could be green grass. I just thought it was an odd placement for water drops!

Sylvia said...

Your fabrics are so beautiful and your squares are so "square". I think I rushed mine a little! Oh well, at least it is done.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Nicky, I too noticed how "perfect" all your squares are. I'm going to strive for this next block. LOL!

Love Bears All Things said...

Your colors are the same as mine. I did the stitches as drops of water. My first block is so wonky that I'm thinking I'll do it over but wait until the end to do it or if I catch up and have time before that.
Mama Bear

Grethe said...

I like your colours and thanks, I definately thought it was splashes of water! Well,I am an expert on redoing,so not to worry. Happy Stitching next block :-)

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your block looks lovely! I agree...it looks less 'busy' without the grass!
Lisa

Margaret said...

I do like your choice of fabric and your square squares, I am the stitcher in our quilt and I leave the hard part to Andrea.

Chookyblue...... said...

your block looks great.......I wished I had left the grass off too.......congrats on your finish....the group sure is motivating.......thanks for being part of it.......